SharePHIL held its 5th Annual Summit on July 20, 2018, 1:00pm – 5:00pm at the Mayuree Ballroom, Dusit Thani Hotel with the theme “The Journey from Private Enterprise to a Public Company: Lessons, Challenges, Opportunities”. Invited as guest speakers who shared their stories, challenges and triumphs on their journey to going public were:
- Lorraine Belo-Cincochan, CEO & President, Wilcon Depot Inc.
- Alvin D. Lao, President & CEO, D&L Industries, Inc.
- Jose T. Sio, Chairman, SM Investments, Inc.
Also invited as reactors were:
- Eduardo V. Francisco – President, BDO Capital & Investment Corp.
- Jose Franco B. Soberano – Executive Vice President & COO, Cebu Landmasters, Inc.
- Buds C. Wenceslao – CEO/Director, D.M. Wenceslao & Associates, Inc.
The open discussion was moderated by Josue A. Camba, Jr., Trustee, PDS Group. The emcee for the occasion was Rex C. Drilon II, Vice Chairman of Institute of Corporate Directors (ICD)
Despite the inclement weather, the event was well attended with almost 200 participants consisting of corporate sponsors, SharePHIL members, members of partner organizations, students from UP and DLSU, guests and friends from the media.
The second edition of “Your Best Guide to Stock Investing: The Shareholder’s Handbook” was launched by the author, Celso Vivas during the Summit. This book already includes updates on the new regulations that came out since the launching of the first issue of the book in 2014.
Congratulations to the Summit Committee Chairman Mon Fernandez, Vice-Chairs Cora De La Paz-Bernardo and Tammy Lipana and committee members Evelyn Singson, Francis Lim, Jimmy Ysmael, Boots Garcia and the SharePHIL Secretariat for another successful summit.
PHOTOS: CLICK HERE
VIDEOS on YouTube:
News articles were written about the SharePHIL Summit 2018.
- PH cautioned against relying heavily on OFWs, BPOs by Doris Dumlao (Philippine Daily Inquirer) published on July 23, 2018
- Listed firms trumpet benefits of going public by Iris Gonzales (The Philippine Star) published on July 29, 2018